Carambar Caramel : This individually wrapped caramel candy has been a favourite of French kids since the 1950’s. And French adults are easily tempted too: nothing like Carambar to bring back childhood memories. Carambar is also a great pastry ingredient!
Carambar Caramel are made by La Pie Qui Chante (literally, the Singing Magpie), one of the most popular French candy brands
- 25 caramel caramels
- 150 g butter
- 10 cl of milk
- 150 g of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 160 g flour
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 1 vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 180 °, thermostat 6.
- Melt 20 carambars in a saucepan with milk and butter.
- Cut the remaining 5 carambars in small pieces and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar. Add flour and yeast.
- Once the carambars are melted, add them to the preparation.
- Pour into a cake pan and sprinkle small pieces of remaining carambars.
- Put in the oven for 40 min.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.